Ri Golden Ticket Raffle 2016 Terms and Conditions
- A confirmation of entry for the Golden Ticket Raffle is not valid for entry to the CHRISTMAS LECTURES.
- Money raised by the CHRISTMAS LECTURES Golden Ticket Raffle will enable the Royal Institution to carry out our charitable activities across the UK.
- The closing date of this raffle will be 23:59 Wednesday 30 November 2016, any tickets purchased after that time will not be entered into the raffle and will be treated as a donation to the Ri.
- To enter the raffle participants must purchase a raffle ticket at the specified price of £10 per ticket.
- Participants must be over the age of 16 years and be resident in Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands) at the time of entry.
- Any tickets purchased by an individual who is not eligible, see above criteria, will not be entered into the raffle and will be treated as a donation to the Ri.
- Eligible participants will be able to purchase tickets through Zaffo, on the phone and at the Royal Institution; 21 Albemarle Street, London, W1S 4BS
- To enter the competition, eligible participants will need to provide their full name, address and email address. Please note that incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible.
- The cost per entry to the competition is £10.00 and 100% of the proceeds will support the Royal Institution
- You may enter up to a total of 20 times; entries in excess of 20 will not be counted and any money received in excess of £200 per person will be treated as a donation.
- The winner will be drawn on Thursday 1st December 2016. Entries must be received by the Promoter before 23:59 Wednesday 30 November 2016. Any money received after this time will be treated as a donation.
- All raffle tickets purchased by 23:59 Wednesday 30 November 2016 will be entered into a draw to win one of the following prizes: i) One of five pairs of laser cut, personalised Golden Tickets to one of this year’s CHRISTMAS LECTURES for you and a guest of your choice. Winners will also gain access behind the scenes and have the chance to meet some special guests ii) One of ten pairs of tickets to one of our public events in 2017 iii) One of 20 signed copies of our commemorative CHRISTMAS LECTURES book, ‘13 Journeys through Space and Time’
- The CHRISTMAS LECTURES will take place on the 10, 13 and 15 December, you must be available for all three dates to enter
- To go to our CHRISTMAS LECTURES you must be over the age of 11 on the day of attendance
- Prizes cannot be modified and there is no cash alternative in part or in whole.
- All raffle entries are final sale and are non-refundable.
- The Royal Institution reserves the right to close the competition early.
- The winners of each pair of golden tickets to attend the CHRISTMAS LECTURES, can select their preferred seats in the lecture theatre, subject to agreement with Ri staff.
- The winner will be chosen at random.
- The Royal Institution’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to how winners have been chosen.
- The Royal Institution reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, age and residency. The identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Royal Institution.
- Employees of the Royal Institution, their associated companies and contractors and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone and an announcement will be made on the Royal Institution’s website. If the winner does not claim their prize within four days of the notification being sent, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be drawn.
- By entering the draw you are agreeing to be contacted by the Royal Institution.
- Travel or other expenses will not be covered
- If required, the winner agrees to participate in publicity activities in relation to the prize as reasonably requested by the Royal Institution. The winner gives consent for any photographs that are taken as part of those publicity activities to be published on the Royal Institution’s website and on its Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Royal Institution shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect and consequential loss) whatsoever (howsoever caused) suffered or sustained by any winner or participant in connection with any prize draw or prize awarded or withdrawn pursuant to these terms and conditions.
- Right to refuse and search. The Royal Institution reserves the right to refuse you admission if, in its reasonable opinion, your admission to the venue might: I. be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or yourself, and/or II. affect the enjoyment of members of the audience, and/or III. affect the running of the event.
For example, if you act aggressively and/or appear to be under the influence of drink and/or drugs, you will be refused admission. We may also request you to leave (taking any such appropriate action that may be necessary to enforce this right) before or during events for any of the reasons given above. Should you be refused admission or requested to leave you will not be entitled to a refund. The Royal Institution may also, on certain occasions, have to conduct security searches to ensure your safety.
The Royal Institution is committed to responsible gambling:
Whilst the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some gambling can become a problem. It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and amount you spend gambling
- If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then contact GamCare.
GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. GamCare can be contacted confidential helpline on 0845 6000 133 (local rate from UK) where trained counsellors are available to help with any concerns you may have on your own behalf or on behalf of family or friends, or you can visit their website for further information.